10th June 2020
Meeting room: https://ca.meet.coop/b/wou-cyy-wpt
Please do add to/edit/prioritise and improve and we'll agree it at the start of the meeting.
- attendance round: as there'll likely to be new people joining the meet, we do a brief round, with name and organisation and commitment to contribute to Meet.coop
- brief presentation slides About The Online Meeting Cooperative (to be all on the same page)
- preparing for OPEN 2020
- discussion about languages, multiculturalism, gender-balance
- Landing page customisation and translation support
- Broader question of governance - membership-based organisations, movement organisations?
- meet.coop servers, see Servers
- discussion about contributions and service levels for different user roles
- confirm Membership and Contributions
- visual design: contribute to wiki
- how do we organise ourselves to do tasks such as:
- get access to systems: thread
- weekly meetings
- Building a social media presence and promoting the co-op.
- Contributing to the git repos,
- NextCloud at cloud.meet.coop
- Updating the website, this uses Jekyll, see the git repo here, this is set up so that files can be editing using the GitLab web interface and this automatically updates the staging site on each commit and then their is a button to click to update the live site.
- What else?
- anything else that comes up
Luke, Chris, Mel, Petter, David, Wouter
we discuss real time communication over the forum & over IRC
ACTION: recordings: deletion policy on demo but take off from https://ca.meet.coop
ACTION: fix up the default presentation (will take some fiddling)
how to get other summer events using meet.coop
how to bring in some income
webarchs: comment on draft prices:https://opencollective.com/
micro-org payment plan too close to the individual level?
might be good to draw up a competitor payment place for comparison
but it is probably fine if we're costing more because $world
devops time keeping is sky-rocketing in comparison to others
for coming events, how do we manage this, what we can do?
use as is, if you don't like it, you need to find another option
if meet.coop could ever write a front-end, that would be nice, more workable
we should try to check out the moodle, wordpress, drupal etc. plugins as a front-end
other member coops can re-sell the services? API re-use for their own clients?
how do we sign people up as meet.coop? how do we meter the usage? how we manage these processes?
monthly contribution is so far the proposed model
webarchs are using invoiceplan for invoicing, still involves manual work
developer capacity would be good to investigate front-end that fits what we want to offer
FYI metering, we can measure via https://docs.bigbluebutton.org/dev/api.html
forum topic has nobody responding
there is a new iteration with a C
general agreement around the green logos
languages & translations:
- BBB: we made changes to texts in English, but won't be displayed in other languages -> need translations, use some platform, wikitranslations, transifex?
- Forum categories in different languages
- https://www.transifex.com/pricing/ terror, can we somehow get a free account?
- I know YunoHost use https://translate.yunohost.org/, weblate, free software
Alpha service -> status page to inform of upgrades, reboots and so
[14:57] Welcome to <b>OPEN 2020</b>!<br><br>See the <a href='https://open.coop/2020info' target='_blank'><u>event info and program here.</u></a><br />The <a href='https://open.coop/2020chat' target='_blank'><u>breakout and networking space is here.</u></a>
[15:00] Wouter @femProcomuns.coop : Today we have no notes (disabled for OPEN2020 :-))
[15:01] Wouter @femProcomuns.coop : So let's open an outside pad: https://pad.femprocomuns.cat/meetcoop100620
[15:10] decentral1se : each out to opencoop people
[15:10] decentral1se : to see what they prefer
[15:10] decentral1se : i can do it :)
[15:12] Chris : https://forum.meet.coop/t/co-working-and-chatting/88
[15:16] Wouter @femProcomuns.coop : irc channel for real time coms tomorrow, https://forum.meet.coop/t/co-working-and-chatting/88
[15:17] decentral1se : every 14 days
[15:18] decentral1se : its everywhere now
[15:18] decentral1se : yeah it will wipe everything based on date
[15:18] decentral1se : so that is probably not good
[15:26] Chris : https://www.org.meet.coop/
[15:30] Petter : Sorry got to leave early, see you at the conference!
[15:32] decentral1se : o/
[15:36] Chris : https://www.invoiceplane.com/
[15:47] Wouter @femProcomuns.coop : https://opencollective.com/
[15:48] Chris : https://opencollective.com/static/images/opencollective-icon.svg
[15:57] dvdjaco : https://translatewiki.net/ is what we used last time for the Phabricator translation